WE provides co-ordination and communication for community environment-related activities within the Catchment. The group clarifies and develops concerns raised by the local community, and makes decisions and plans for action.
An important role of WE is as a forum for groups and individuals to share and publicise their achievements. This is done through:
- Community Information days
- Sharing up-to-date knowledge on a wide range of issues with community organisations, research and management agencies.
- Regular open community meetings
- To make decisions, activities and plans for Harbour Catchment activities.
- Produced quarterly and distributed to all mail addresses in the catchment and to other interested stakeholders.
- Collating existing information
- Information is stored at Raglan library and displayed at the Waikato District Council offices at Raglan.
- Collecting new information:
- Through a collaborative project between community groups and resource management agencies, WE are developing a Community Volunteer Monitoring project focusing on catchment water quality and the health and abundance of estuarine and marine species.
Contact Sarah Moss for more information.
Back to the WE catchment home page