| || Global Day of Action index page | White Poppies for Peace |
Global Day of Action on Military Spending
Events in Aotearoa New Zealand, 2014
Please scroll down the page for details of the events in Wellington and Auckland. Information about the 2014 Global Day of Action in Aotearoa New Zealand is available on Facebook here - please share the link on your page, thank you.
Wellington, Monday 14 April 2014
- Dollars and sense: Lunchtime forum on government spending priorities
- photo album
- Children’s wellbeing, Deborah Morris-Travers, Advocacy Manager, UNICEF NZ
- Social spending, Paul Barber, Policy Advisor, New Zealand Council of Christian Social Services
- Military spending, Edwina Hughes, Coordinator, Peace Movement Aotearoa
- A living wage for all workers, Lyndy McIntyre, Living Wage Campaign
From 1pm to 2pm, First floor conference room, St Andrew's on the Terrace, 30 The Terrace, Wellington (entry via the stairs at the back of the car park on the south side of the church) ~ BYO lunch, tea / coffee available at 12.50pm ~ RSVP on Facebook. The A4 poster for 'Dollars and sense' is available here.
Auckland, Monday 14 April 2014
- Leafletting: WILPF Tamaki Makaurau and Pax Christi will be handing out Global Day of Action leaflets from 4.30pm to 5.30pm in Queen Elizabeth Square, Britomart. For more information, or to help, please contact WILPF.
If you would like your event listed here, please contact Peace Movement Aotearoa with 'Global Day of Action event' in the subject line.
International Global Day of Action site | Peace Movement Aotearoa