Action Alerts | PMA's newsletter |
What's on | How PMA can help you|
Help PMA grow | Petition forms
| Site map | PMA main page
Action Alert - What's on from today to next week in Wellington
Peace Movement Aotearoa
PO Box 9314, Wellington. Tel (04) 382 8129, fax (04) 382 8173, email@example.com
Issued 15 September 1998
- Today, Tues, 15 September from 12-30pm to 1-30pm at PMA (first floor, Trades Hall, 126 Vivian Street, Wellington) Campaign to Free Mordechai Vanunu meeting to arrange the details for the vigil outside the Israeli Embassy on 30 September, the anniversary of Mordechai's kidnapping.
- Fri, 18 Sept, 12:15 pm, Wesley Church (75 Taranaki St, Wellington) lunchtime forum on the Te Puni Kokiri report "Progress Towards Closing Social and Economic Gaps Between Maori and Non-Maori" - Kathie Irwin, Senior Lecturer, Maori Education, Victoria University, "Maori education -Picture of a Community" (For a copy of the report email your name and address to )
- Tues 22 Sept, 5-30pm to 7pm, at St Johns Conference Centre, cnr Willis and Dixon Streets, hear one of the hikoi organisers speak about why the hikoi was organised, what it hopes to achieve and what follow-up is intended after the event. For more info tel Ruth Smithies, JPD office, (04) 496 1701.
- Thurs, 24 September : early evening, meeting at PMA (first floor, Trades Hall, 126 Vivian Street) - Warren Thomson, Anti-Bases Campaign, will be in Wellington as part of his national speaking tour updating local peace and green people around the country on the very latest information about the Waihopai spy base, the activities of the GCSB and of the SIS.
For confirmed time, contact Edwina at PMA (details on PMA signature below).
- Fri, 25 Sept, 12:15 pm, Wesley Church (75 Taranaki St, Wellington) lunchtime forum on the Te Puni Kokiri report "Progress Towards Closing Social and Economic Gaps Between Maori and Non-Maori "Dr George Salmon, Director, Health Services Research Centre, Victoria and Otago Universities, "Health and Poverty" (For a copy of the report email your name and address to )
- Waterthon ! (Water for Survival), Fri, 25th Sept - advertised as a fun competition to remind people here what people in other countries have to go through just to get water. To raise money for water supplies for water supplies in Uganda and South India, teams of 10 people will pay $75 to carry as much water as possible from Frank Kitts Park Lagoon to Queens wharf in 15 minutes. Help is needed - if you wish to take part in the sponsored waterthon, please contact Sigrid Houlette tel (04) 570 6871 or Laurie Salas tel (04) 479 3415.