| || Indigenous peoples' rights | Human rights | Peace Movement Aotearoa |
Universal Periodic Review of the New
Zealand government's human rights record
Please note: the permalink for this page is http://www.nzupr.org
New Zealand's Universal Periodic Review: 3rd cycle, 2018 - 2019
New Zealand's Universal Periodic Review: 2nd cycle, 2013 - 2014
New Zealandís third Universal Periodic Review (UPR) by the UN Human Rights Council will take place during the 32nd UPR session, from 21 January to 1 February 2019 in Geneva. UPR reports from NGOs in Aotearoa New Zealand were submitted in July 2018, and the government's report was submitted in October 2018.
- Information for NGOs: If you would like to receive regular updates about New Zealand's third UPR, or would like to be involved in combined NGO / civil society lobbying around it, please contact Peace Movement Aotearoa to go on the mailing list.
- NGO consultation and planning meetings:
- Wellington - on Monday, 7 May, from 1pm to 2.30pm, please contact Peace Movement Aotearoa if you would like to participate
- Auckland - on Monday, 9 April, from 5.30pm to 7.30pm, please contact the Human Rights Foundation if you would like to participate
- Government consultation process: the Ministry of Foreign Affairs held meetings around the country from 14 February to 12 March 2018 for New Zealanders to share their views on current human rights issues for possible inclusion in the government report, the details are available on this web page (the permalink is http://www.UPR2019.co.nz) and the poster is available here.
New Zealand's Universal Periodic Review: 1st cycle, 2009
- Part 1: Information on the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) process, and New Zealand and the UPR
- Part 2: New Zealand NGO UPR submissions, reports, resources, and follow-up information
Indigenous peoples' rights | Human rights | Peace Movement Aotearoa