| || Indigenous peoples' rights | Human rights | Peace Movement Aotearoa |
Universal Periodic Review of the New
Zealand government's human rights record
Please note: the permalink for this page is http://www.nzupr.org
Information for NGOs : If you would like to receive regular updates about New Zealand's fourth UPR, or you would like to be involved in combined NGO / civil society lobbying around the UPR, please contact Peace Movement Aotearoa to go on the mailing list.
New Zealand's Universal Periodic Review: 4th cycle, 2023 - 2024
- 4th cycle review timeline: New Zealand is scheduled to be reviewed in the 46th UPR session from 29 April to 10 May 2024. The submission deadline for NGO reports is 11 October 2023, and the deadline for the government's report is 29 January 2024. If you would like to be involved, please contact Peace Movement Aotearoa to go on the NGO UPR mailing list.
- Government draft report released: Deadline for feedback is 30 July 2023
‣ Read the draft report released 5 July 2023
‣ Send your feeback to MFAT - your feedback can be sent typed the body of an email, or attached as a word or pdf file. Please note: any feedback you send will only be read by MFAT, it will not be sent to the UN as part of the UPR evaluation of New Zealand's human rights performance.
- MFAT discussions on human rights issues for New Zealanders
‣ MFAT now to hold two online meetings, on 4 and 5 May 2003
‣ NZ's approach to #DisabilityRights: No online meetings, 30 March 2023
‣ In various towns and cities, between 30 March and 2 May 2023
New Zealand: Mid-term UPR Report, 20 December 2021
New Zealand's Universal Periodic Review: 3rd cycle, 2018 - 2019
Preparatory stage, 2018 - background information on the process, New Zealand and the UPR, information about NGO consultation and reports, and the government's report
Information for NGOs: If you would like to receive regular updates about New Zealand's third UPR, or would like to be involved in combined NGO / civil society lobbying around it, please contact Peace Movement Aotearoa to go on the mailing list.
New Zealand's Universal Periodic Review: 2nd cycle, 2013 - 2014
New Zealandís third Universal Periodic Review (UPR) by the UN Human Rights Council took place during the 32nd UPR session, from 21 January to 1 February 2019 in Geneva.
- The 32nd UPR session and updates, 2019 - includes the draft Outcome Report (A/HRC/WG.6/32/L.1), information on the session, how to watch it live, documents for New Zealand's review (with links to the NGO reports and advance questions), media coverage, updates, and the UPR recommendations on New Zealand
‣ Adoption of New Zealand's UPR Outcome Document by the Human Rights Council was on 4 July 2019, during the Council's 41st session (24 June to 12 July 2019) - details of how you can watch it live are available here. Update: the archived webcast is available here.
‣ Government response to the UPR recommendations (A/HRC/41/4/Add.1), June 2019
‣ Government request for feedback on the UPR recommendations, deadline is 13 March 2019 - comments on the request for feedback is available here
New Zealand's Universal Periodic Review: 1st cycle, 2009
- Part 1: Information on the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) process, and New Zealand and the UPR
- Part 2: New Zealand NGO UPR submissions, reports, resources, and follow-up information
Indigenous peoples' rights | Human rights | Peace Movement Aotearoa