Help PMA grow | Petition forms | Site map | PMA main page
French petition against the NATO bombing
Peace Movement AotearoaPO Box 9314, Wellington. Tel (04) 382 8129, fax (04) 382 8173, email@example.com
26 April 1999
NATIONAL PETITION (FRANCE) - here is the text of the national petition against war, launched in France by several peace associations.
IT IS URGENT TO COME OUT OF THE WAR DEADLOCK
War in Yugoslavia has raged for over a month. Nothing is settled, everything has been aggravated. The life of refugees has deteriorated, destructions of military and civilian buildings go on, ethnic cleansing has not been stopped in any way, quite the contrary.
It is urgent to come out of the war deadlock and immediately start up negotiations for a political solution, as the only way out.
French peace organizations (Appel des Cent pour la paix, Teachers for peace, French Women's International League for Peace and Freedom, Mouvement de la Paix, Movement against racism and for people’s friendship):
- have sent a letter to President Chirac in this spirit;
- propose to sign the following text in France in the coming days (the text is already supported by over 20 French organizations).
More than ever, we demand :
- the end of NATO bombing and all war operations ; a halt to the ethnic cleansing conducted by the government of Milosevic;
- strengthened solidarity with civilian populations, refugees or marooned, a support to democratic, peace and anti-nationalist forces in the region.
An emergency UN meeting is needed to decide :
- to stop Serbian military, paramilitary or police operations as well as NATO bombing;
- immediate negotiations for a political outcome, the respect of people’s rights in Kosovo and in the region to decide of the conditions of their future common life in order to build a lasting peace, the implementation of a multinational force, independent from NATO to secure peace.
Return to PMA's Alert: Stop NATO bombing, Condemn NZ government support for the airstrikes!