Action Alerts | PMA's newsletter |
What's on | Links | How PMA can help you|
Help PMA grow | Petition forms
| Site map | PMA main page
Urgent! Act NOW to stop the sale of Te Kuri (Young Nick's Head)
7 August 2002
It appears that Michael Cullen mistakenly believes that only Ngai Tamanuhiri are concerned about the sale of Te Kuri (Young Nick’s Head) into foreign ownership. Please help to tell him that this is not correct. If you could give a few minutes of your time right now to read and act on this message, then you will be helping to stop the sale.
- Before Friday, 9 August, please send a polite email message or fax to Michael Cullen and Helen Clark making at least these three points:
- that Te Kuri (Young Nick’s Head) is a national treasure for all New Zealanders and you are opposed to any sale to foreign owners;
- that the government must act now to stop the sale;
- that the government must negotiate with Ngai Tamanuhiri to find a way forward which is acceptable to Ngai Tamanuhiri as kaitiaki, and to prevent foreign ownership.
Contact details: Michael Cullen's office - email fax (04) 495 8442, tel (04) 470 6551; Helen Clark's office - email, fax (04) 473 3579, tel (04) 471 9998.
- If you have time, you could also contact your local MP and tell them the same - ask them to relay your views on to Michael Cullen and Helen Clark as a matter of urgency. Contact your local MP via their electorate office, or by telephone (04) 471 9999 and ask to be put through to their parliamentary office.
- Sign the on-line petition at http://www.tekuri.com [note: this link was deactivated following hacking of the Te Kuri web site, February 2005]
- Support the Ngai Tamanuhiri opposition to the sale of Te Kuri - you can make a donation by sending a cheque or money order made payable to: Ngai Tamanuhiri Trust, PO Box 157, Manutuke, Gisborne, Aotearoa/NZ.
Te Kuri o Paoa (Young Nicks Head) index page
Indigenous rights (Aotearoa) index page