| || Action Alerts | What's on where | How we can help you | Join PMA | PMA main page |
Israel and Palestine index page
Airstrikes on Gaza: information, protests, and contact details, Peace Movement Aotearoa, December 2008
Enduring occupation: Palestinians under siege in the West Bank, Amnesty International, June 2007
Gaza: Stop the Siege! Stop the War! - information on the international campaign, for people in Aotearoa New Zealand, November / December 2006
Israeli human rights organizations call for respect of human rights and international humanitarian law in the Gaza Strip, B'Tselem: the Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories, The Association for Civil Rights in the Israel, Amnesty International - Israel Section, HaMoked: Center for the Defense of the Individual, Gisha: Center for the Legal Protection of Freedom of Movement, Physicians for Human Rights, The Public Committee Against Torture in Israel, Bimkom: Planners for Planning Rights, and Rabbis for Human Rights, 16 November 2006
Report of the UN Commission of Inquiry on Lebanon, Geneva, 10 November 2006
Information on Israel and Lebanon, July 2006
Caterpillar Inc charged with war crimes in lawsuit, Jewish Voice for Peace, 15 March 2005 - Read the charges
Alert! NZ company involved in suspect military export to Israeli Defence Force, No WARP! 17 February 2005
This page was semi-archived in 2003 due to lack of resources to keep it regularly updated. More recent material will be added above from time to time.
Statements and articles:
Links to other websites
On-line petition International protection force for the Palestinian people
On-line petition International Investigation Committee into Ariel Sharon's war crimes
- Call on Government to revoke visa agreement with Israel, Palestine Human Rights Human Campaign, 21 April 2003
- March For Justice And Peace - Synagogue To Church To Mosque, 2 February 2003
- Free Palestine protest drapes Auckland's motorway, 27 September 2002
- For a Just Peace in Palestine, Statement by the New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference, 17 April 2002
- Letter to Phil Goff, WILPF (Aotearoa), 11 May 2002
- Fax to US Ambassador, Patrick Mulholland, 17 April 2002
- Nelson Peace Group media release, NPG, 16 April 2002
- Will sanctions against Mugabe be followed by sanctions on Sharon? Keith Locke, 15 April 2002
- Summon the Israeli Ambassador to the Beehive, Keith Locke, 11 April 2002
- Fax to Israeli Ambassador, E Müenz, 9 April 2002
- Fax to Phil Goff and Helen Clark, Solange Bely, 8 April 2002
- Letter to US Ambassador, WILPF (Aotearoa), 7 April 2002
- Defence of Israeli actions, David Wakim, 5 April 2002
- Fax to Phil Goff, CWS, 5 April 2002
- Open Letter To Helen Clark On Palestine, various, 5 April 2002
- Alert! Palestine / Israel - what you can do, PMA, 3 April 2002
- Single mother's trek inspires Israeli protesters, Conal Urquhart, 3 August 2003
- Prisoners protest at Israeli 'security' - Breaches in peace commitments spur Palestinian hunger strikes, Chris McGreal, 2 August 2003
- Israeli law will split families say critics, Chris McGreal, 1 August 2003
- Special report on the West Bank security barrier, UNRWA, July 2003
- Comments Regarding Israel's Second Periodic Report to the UN Human Rights Committee, Palestinian Centre for Human Rights and Al Haq, July 2003
- 'It will create new injustices' - Press comment on the controversial security fence, 31 July 2003
- Bush just doesn't get it - the US president has allowed himself to be comprehensively bamboozled by Ariel Sharon; and peace is as far away as ever, Simon Tisdall, 31 July 2003
- Death zone puts family life in limbo - Israeli security fence cuts Palestinians off from their village, school and relatives, Chris McGreal, 30 July 2003
- Sharon says barrier will stay despite Bush plea, Julian Borger, 30 July 2003
- The people of Mas'ha protest against the separation wall - protest tent update, 27 July 2003
- Frightening rumours leak out about sons held in cells, Chris McGreal, 25 July 2003
- Excessive use of Force against Palestinian Female Prisoners in Neve Tirtza Prison, Physicians for Human Rights-Israel, 13 July 2003
- Time to get tough - if the timetable for peace in the Middle East is allowed to slip, we should consider imposing economic sanctions and suspending arms deals with Israel, Jenny Tonge, 23 June 2003
- Road map in reverse - Bush must not pass the buck this time, The Guardian, 13 June 2003
- Israel can halt this now, Oona King, 12 June 2003
Links to other websites
- Palestine Independent Media Center is part of the international indymedia network.
- Gush Shalom is the Israeli peace group whose primary aim is to influence Israeli public opinion and lead it towards peace and conciliation with the Palestinian people; this link is to the English index page.
- LAW - The Palestinian Society for the Protection of Human Rights and the Environment was founded in 1990 by a group of Palestinian lawyers to promote human rights and further the principles of the rule of law, and to defend Palestinian rights in accordance with international human rights law and United Nations declarations.
- Coalition of Women for a Just Peace is Jewish and Palestinian women, citizens of Israel, representatives of various women's organizations and individuals working together for a just peace based on: an end to the occupation; the full involvement of women in negotiations for peace; establishment of the state of Palestine side by side with the state of Israel based on the 1967 borders; the recognition of Jerusalem as the shared capital of two states; Israel's recognition of its share of responsibility for the results of the 1948 war, and its responsibility to co-operate to find a just solution for the Palestinian refugees; equality, inclusion and justice for Palestinian citizens of Israel; and opposition to the militarism that permeates Israeli society.
- PeaceWomen.org provides an accessible and accurate information exchange between peace women around the world and the UN system; this link is to the section on Palestine and Israel.
- Palestine Media Watch is a grass-roots media watch group which opposes anti-Palestinian bias in the US media and calls for Palestinian views having greater room for expression; they are working for a more balanced, more humane, and more informed portrayal of the Middle East conflict.
- B'tselem - The Israeli Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories) endeavors to document and educate the Israeli public and policymakers about human rights violations in the Occupied Territories, combat the phenomenon of denial prevalent among the Israeli public, and help create a human rights culture in Israel.
- Birzeit University was the first institution of higher education to be established in Palestine; ever since it has strived to promote excellence by providing quality academic teaching, training, research and relevant community programs within the context of sustainable development, emphasizing social awareness and democratic civic values in a free Palestinian society.
- Matzpun - Israeli citizens and Jews of other nationalities whose families have been victims of racism and genocide in past generations, and who feel they cannot remain silent.
- Bat Shalom is a feminist peace organization working toward a just peace between Israel and its Arab neighbors. Bat Shalom, together with The Jerusalem Center for Women, a Palestinian women's peace organization, comprises The Jerusalem Link.
- Human Rights Watch section on Israel, the Occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip, and Palestinian Authority Territories.
- Israeli Refuseniks - the combat officers and soldiers of the Israel Defense Forces who refuse to fight in the occupied territories.
- Not In My Name is a Jewish peace group working for a just and lasting peace between Israelis and Palestinians. We call ourselves 'Not In My Name' because we feel that the State Israel often claims to act in the name and interests of world Jewry, but that these actions do not reflect our Jewish values and beliefs.
- International Women's Peace Service IWPS Palestine is an international team of 16 women based in Hares, a village in the Salfit Governate of Palestine's West Bank, for three continuous years starting in August 2002. Their work includes: working with independent media and outside press to highlight human rights abuses and to create awareness about the plight of Palestinians living in Hares and surrounding villages; non-violently intervening in any human rights abuses witnessed; providing a protective shield for civilians as they try to live normally; engaging in acts of nonviolent civil resistance in order to oppose the human rights abuses and the confiscation and destruction of land and property of Palestinian civilians, which is internationally recognised as illegal.
- A Jewish Voice for Peace is a San Francisco Bay Area grassroots organization dedicated to the human, civil and economic rights of Jews, Palestinians, and all peoples in the Middle East.
- Israel's Nuclear Weapons Program: a comprehensive summary of Israels nuclear weapons capability, (part of TheHigh Energy Weapons Archive).
- Palestine Solidarity Campaign (Britain), is an independent, non-governmental and non-party political organisation with members from many communities across Britain who are working on the issue of Palestine; they provide a source of accurate and reliable information on the Palestine-Israel conflict and the social and political conditions within Palestine.
Action Alerts | What's on where | How PMA can help you | Join PMA | PMA main page